Many companies face challenges when attempting to deliver innovation using existing, legacy-based cloud strategies. Although the majority have made the switch to Cloud computing, their return on investment seems to be stalling. One of their best approaches in this scenario is to become “cloud-native” and start building apps without repurposing outdated architectures.
The future of app development lies in the potential of cloud-native, in which a brand new app classification is born out of cloud computing adoption. Companies can now leverage the inherent advantages of cloud platforms to turn an idea into a product a lot faster. Cloud-native computing provides greater scalability, resilience, and elasticity because it uses open-source software to deploy apps as microservices, thus optimizing resource utilization.
Introducing the cloud-native mindset
How do you build apps that are cloud-native in nature? The cloud-native concept does not imply replacing a certain type of technology for another. For it to work, organizations must grasp that the concept means chaining together multiple technologies, services, and processes that belong to cloud-native in order to develop an outcome that adds value to their business.
Also deemed as a new approach to code writing, cloud-native has the ability to change completely the lifecycle of how demands are being initiated, tested, coded, and in the end, deployed. For genuine cloud-native computing to be attained, the following four categories must be incorporated:
- Microservices for ongoing delivery & deployment
- Agile development enables easy and fast development processes, and builds organizations and teams are can innovate fast
- DevOps to initiate a faster switch from design to production
- Cloud computing for managing the different deployment and architectural frameworks
Cloud computing is the lead of the digital disruption wave
The way IT resources can be reused when cloud computing is set into place is astonishing. Increasingly more organizations are switching to cloud-based platforms in an attempt to digitize their strategies and upgrade their way of work to increase, or at the very least maintain productivity on the floating line.
Cloud-native computing leads the digital disruption wave, and both incumbents and newcomers are currently using the digital to get a competitive advantage. By redesigning rules, resources, and roles they have the best chances of becoming digital disruption giants. As for the core goals of cloud-native, it’s worth mentioning that improving efficiency and speed, and compelling businesses to act fast to market changes are among the most common.
Core insights on becoming cloud-native
One of the best examples of a cloud-native architecture belongs to US retailer The Home Depot. After realizing that they need a better strategy to compete with other market players, the company leveraged ongoing delivery practices and various cloud-native architectures to develop, deploy new code, and produce an application in 15 minutes as opposed to 6 weeks.
To attain maturity and deepen your own knowledge of cloud-native computing, the following key insights should be taken into consideration:
- Develop a service-oriented organization and make sure to organize teams around specific capabilities, parameters, and services. To avoid resistance, it’s a change that has to be carefully assessed, tracked, and monitored.
- Make sure your developers have access to the latest automation tools. This way, you’ll be able to boost DevOps capabilities.
- Stick to updated, modern architectures and ditch old-fashioned patterns. Your focus should be on reactive frameworks and microservices.
- Don’t shy away from rearchitecting or reorganizing the whole organization. As scary as that might seem, it’s a move that is necessary to genuinely become cloud-native in nature.
- Embrace change and enjoy the journey because if done correctly it will bring nothing but benefits in the long run.
We live in a highly-advanced, fast-paced digital world where your goal should be to become a “disrupter”. Otherwise, new technologies will most likely get in the lead and you’ll be left behind. Cloud computing is currently driving the biggest, most impactful systemic change among companies today; and cloud-based infrastructures have become a building block for worldwide disruption.
Always remember that the innovation journey is endless. It’s a never-ending loop because new technologies will continue to emerge. The key to success in this scenario is to adapt and become comfortable with embracing change.
Looking for a cloud development company to build a cloud-based solution for your business? Reach out to App Maisters. Contact us today.