Well-known platforms such as Etsy, Pinterest, Canva, and Trello have the capacity to provide outstanding user experience to their customers, and that’s because of superior web & mobile app design development functionalities. Web apps are accessed via internet browsers, making them extremely attractive for entrepreneurs eager to transform their unique ideas into fully functional web applications.
How does web app Development differ from a website?
Also known as a software program, web app development is platform-independent. It functions on internet browsers, such as Google or Safari, and it leverages a remote server for storage, as opposed to desktop apps that use local storage. In technical terms, web apps are called progressive web apps (PWA) and they feature dynamic pages that enable user interactions via profiles.
Built with programming languages like Java or HTML5, it is affordable to develop, which makes it a great idea for entrepreneurs with an MVP but without the time and a huge budget for the development process. Unlike a website that has static pages with content that provides limited user interaction, a web app development has dynamic pages and content to allow maximum user interaction.
What are the costs involved in developing a web application?
Generally speaking, the average cost for an MVP is around $30,000. However, the more complex the web app aims to be, the higher the price. High-magnitude platforms such as Canva or Trello have numerous features, meaning that the cost can easily reach $100,000. Design complexity and hours spent by the development team to build the web app are additional factors impacting price.
How many hours are involved in building a web app Development?
Depending on the budget and level of experience of your development team, it can take between 5 and 8 months to build a web app from scratch. That’s an average of 500 hours in development, but once again the timeline varies. It is highly recommended to have a strategy in place before getting started. Meeting with your team to brainstorm a plan and set clear goals for everyone involved will give you an estimate of the total amount of hours required.
Benefits of building a web app for business
There are several reasons involved in opting for a web app for business purposes. The most important ones are cross-platform compatibility for end-users and platform independence. In simple terms, entrepreneurs won’t have to worry about targeting specific devices like iOS or Android to promote their business. Web apps provide vast accessibility and low acquisition costs. Further benefits include:
- Reduced costs for website development as most web apps are built using Java or HTML5, which are cost-efficient and open-source programming languages
- Reduced local storage as web apps don’t absorb device memory
- Automatic updates and streamlined maintenance as users won’t have to install new updates by themselves
- Increased security as web apps is not stored on any type of local device, but in the browser.
Steps to build a web app development from scratch
Building a web app from the ground up involves several key steps. In the initial stage of your project, it’s critical that you take things to step by step. Patience is vital for the end results to exceed expectations. Here’s what needs to be done:
- Work on creating a solid development strategy and choose your goals (both short-term and long-term) and your team wisely
- Do some research before selecting a development company to work with, and make sure their experience includes both frontend and backend development
- Start working on designing the web app and make sure to work closely with your designer to ask, receive, and provide feedback
- Tune-up both frontend and backend development
- Test the web app functionalities with your QA team before launching live
In conclusion, it’s worth pointing out that developing a web app development from the ground up is challenging. Regardless of your experience in web development, the key to success is to team with skilled people with proven experience in the field. Collaboration matters, so make sure to get involved in the process just to make sure all steps are completed according to plan.